Thursday, April 05, 2007

Decay Under a Bright Blue Sky

I had several pieces professionally photographed yesterday. Below is one of my favorites. It's a humble and poetic little piece (17" x 35") of which I'm very fond. It was part of the Perfect Fall series, and though it's a bit out of season I'm showing it now because I have the image. Will show more of the professionally photographed images later. But for now:

Decay under a bright blue sky / Homage to Fall, 2006

This piece is made with a process similar to some of the aerials. I've draped paper over wood panel and used pencil to make rubbings over the textured surface creating tree-like forms. The sky is painted with acrylic paint and offers a sinking, sliding contrast to the spiked and drying wood forms below.

Photography by David Habercom

I've added a link to this reference, Vincent Van Gough's Olive Grove: Bright Blue Sky

No comments: