Monday, March 24, 2008

Meditation on the horizon line by way of the map

In the continued effort to pair down materials and use what things I already own, I've been recycling some paper I made several years ago into collages called "Meditations."

I call them meditations because the process is repetitive and structured. Repetition within a structure not only requires a certain amount of patience but allows for the mind to occupy itself... and thus open up to new possibilities. In that respect, I see these pieces as objects in their own right but also as a sort of clearing out which will make way for other work that has yet to be conceived.

Meditation on the horizon line by way of the map, 2008
handmade paper, wax, acrylic and other media

And an image and link to an earlier "Horizon Line" performance:

No comments: